Over the past fortnight Supporters Direct (the umbrella body for supporters’ groups known as Supporters’ Trusts) have been reviewing the status of Salford RLFC Supporters’ Trust.
The outcome of the review and the advice issued by SD is summarised below:
- Due to a lapse in activity dating back to 2013 the Trust now has nobody elected to the society board
- Those members who have expressed an interest in standing on the society board – Using rule 65c in the society constitution (dealing with casual vacancies) appoint a temporary board who will oversee the setting in motion of the AGM and Election process.
- The temporary board will ensure the society is brought back up to date with the
submission of annual accounts to the FCA.
- The temporary board will oversee the AGM motion for the society to adopt the most
updated set of model rules and side policies.
- An Election and AGM shall run in tandem.
- The temporary board will stand down (or stand for re-election) at the election.
The membership voted to approve the advice set out above and the following members were appointed as a temporary board to carry out the action plan provided by Nicola Hudson of Supporters Direct.
Temporary Board Members
Chris Nash – existing ST Treasurer will continue to carry out this role
Mark Brocklehurst of Salford Red Devils Foundation addressed the meeting to raise awareness of SRDF activites in particular the U16s Rising Star programme. You can watch SRD U16s play against the Midlands on Wednesday 18th October 6.45pm KO at the AJ Bell Stadium.
Members also took the opportunity to renew 2018 SRD Season Tickets and complete their Supporters’ Trust membership. You can join or make payment HERE.